A Thousand Knights!
A thousand knights raise salute!
The sun illumines metal suits
And they outshine the sun.
A thousand knights lift their blades!
Away in fear run shadows and shades
Who cannot stand the light.
A thousand knights urge their steeds!
The ones in front all take the lead
And charge against the Foe.
A thousand knights clash and roar
Against the vast and evil horde
And blade encounters blade.
A thousand knights are lost to sight!
The dust of battle takes to flight
And masks the grueome scene.
A thousand knights – can they succeed?
By Heaven’s Blade, they can indeed!
See – the dust has fallen still –
A thousand knights stand in the sun!
Raise the banners! They have won!
A thousand knights and not one fell!
Now there’s a deed of which to tell.
Sophia White's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Thousand Knights! by Sophia White )
- Time Passes By..., Alvin Jenner
- Comments, Frank Avon
- Raining Hay, Julian Mann
- Belief on God, HARIOM RASTOGI
- Creativity, Tex T Sarnie
- Three Small Fancies, Ananta Madhavan
- Sips through lips, Aftab Alam
- The Mature Woman 2, Tex T Sarnie
- Invitation for Re - Opening Ceremony!, sisirachandra vaduge
- Unbarreled Gun, Edwin Cordero
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)