A Token of Goodness
A Token Of Goodness
My sonnet to this effect I write:
Out of all the whole nature of life,
Goodness we share and spread
With its waves like the ocean‘s tides and falls,
Its fragrance like a broken alabaster box;
Give a shot of it and gain alot of it.
A good heart to all is a glad heart in all.
The disturbance - the sacrifice is - rewarding.
Keep to a world of righteous deeds and -
Light of goodness shall lighten -thy dark days.
Wasteful though the efforts may appear,
Yet the boons - who can weigh?
I see in the blue sky - goodness
I see in the ranging oceans - goodness.
Meshack Dasco's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Token of Goodness by Meshack Dasco )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Ssshhh-e Does It!, Edgar Andrade Baguio
- Oh Death, Tony Adah
- François de la Rochefoucauld, tal vez, Richard Thripp
- Defining poetry, Saurav Karki
- I just had a Birthday, Jena Crowe
- Wolf in the Heart, mazHur Butt
- I burped after I wrote this, Jena Crowe
- REMOVE Jefferson Carter, Richard Thripp
- Damned if I do damned if you don't, Mark Heathcote
- Black Gloves, Joseph Narusiewicz