Peter Daniel Phiri
A Transient Wanderer
The chilly hand of duty startles me again,
As a transient wanderer, from settling you refrain.
This pain is not strange,
But my heart chills, I'm like a fridge.
I wobble, with a whiz, comes twilight.
It's not right, I will fight.
Morose smirks with annoyance,
Short memories scurry across the fence.
A promise of blooming days ahead now looms,
A goose chase! ! You shall lose.
Lie again, it's so sweet.
Look! now fondness creeps.
I'm so weak, I can't say goodbye,
My streangth comes from saying hie.
I dissapear like snowballs at dawn,
Had I took your number, I'd busy my phone.
I look back from the horizon,
Yet you read this and believe my mind is a strange zone.
But from my laurels, birds are chipping loud.
Now cross your fingers tight,
We are not strangers in sight.
I've seeded love in your heart, please harness,
And before you know it, I will come harvest.
Peter Daniel Phiri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Transient Wanderer by Peter Daniel Phiri )
- Willing To Able To Do Your Best, Ronell Warren Alman
- When Tears Will Fall, Eleonor Santiago
- Seeing Answers, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 7, ramesh rai
- Downside Up?, Von Kimball Barney
- And grace, hasmukh amathalal
- Doubts emerge, hasmukh amathalal
- A little girl's eyes, Cigeng Zhang
- A ship, hasmukh amathalal
- The Daughter of the Earth- 22, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)