Peter Daniel Phiri
A Transient Wanderer
The chilly hand of duty startles me again,
As a transient wanderer, from settling you refrain.
This pain is not strange,
But my heart chills, I'm like a fridge.
I wobble, with a whiz, comes twilight.
It's not right, I will fight.
Morose smirks with annoyance,
Short memories scurry across the fence.
A promise of blooming days ahead now looms,
A goose chase! ! You shall lose.
Lie again, it's so sweet.
Look! now fondness creeps.
I'm so weak, I can't say goodbye,
My streangth comes from saying hie.
I dissapear like snowballs at dawn,
Had I took your number, I'd busy my phone.
I look back from the horizon,
Yet you read this and believe my mind is a strange zone.
But from my laurels, birds are chipping loud.
Now cross your fingers tight,
We are not strangers in sight.
I've seeded love in your heart, please harness,
And before you know it, I will come harvest.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Transient Wanderer by Peter Daniel Phiri )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Woman Work, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Underwoods: Epigram, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Passions of Love, Cathy Hodgson
- What Is an Epigram?, Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- Before and Every After, Marianne Boruch
- Patron, Archan Mehta
- I Never Compose A Poem, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Binoo the Actor, sarojkanta dash
- It Is Not Mine, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- A Train Journey, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Control of disease leprosy, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..