Kazi Nazrul Islam
A Tribute From the Poet
From Allah comes today
Those of whom Allah is patron
This victory is of them,
It is the victory of God's Will,
Not for our vain fame.
It is a victory, but
Merely the stepping stone, no more;
From so much bondage-affliction
Toward above we have to soar.
So much division, schism
Jealousy, greed and arrogance,
All these will simply disappear
With His one merciful glance.
You are the new travelers
You are bound toward Him,
Following your footsteps
Here comes a heavenly beam.
Yes, coming are the travelers
Young warriors of new age,
Soon world's misery and suffering
Will be confined in their cage.
[Original: Kabir Proshosti (Bengali) ,
Translator: Mohammad Omar Farooq]
Kazi Nazrul Islam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Tribute From the Poet by Kazi Nazrul Islam )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I Have Been Called, Lilly Emery
- Smoke Without Fire, Ejalonibu Abraham
- Weeds and Blooms, Donal Mahoney
- <<<<Twist and turn, Abdul Wahab
- <<<<<my mother land, Abdul Wahab
- Smell of sweat, gajanan mishra
- << Potherb of love, Abdul Wahab
- Cats Like Denny, Dexsta Ray
- <<< I dare you all, Abdul Wahab
- إلى صديقة خائفة, نزار قباني