A True Hero
A true hero is more then brave,
She's willing to what's needed.
Even if it's not safe,
She'll still go after we pleaded.
A true hero is not strong,
But is strong of heart and mind.
She'll become a woman of true bond,
When she keeps her smile kind.
A true hero lives in you and me,
Just love everyone deeply.
And you'll find out what you see,
Is the hero's friendships kept sweetly.
There are those who'll hurt you down,
And others will love you in every town.
Some will hurt and some will love,
But you're just like them and not above.
A true hero is what you are,
A friend to everyone in need.
Someone who will take the bullet,
And know that your love has planted it's seed.
A true hero is a friend,
Someone who will love you.
Someone who will hug you,
And be there when time ends.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A True Hero by Nikki Warner )
Still I Rise
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
(12 June 1819 – 23 January 1875)
RoseAnn V. Shawiak
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 1, 1921)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(17 June 1867 – 2 September 1922)
- WH Auden
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Poetry of A Root Crop, Charles Kingsley
- Prophecy of a Ten Ton Cheese, James McIntyre
- Orchard Trees, January, Richard Wilbur
- The Fury Of Guitars and Sopranos, Anne Sexton
- Housewife, Anne Sexton
- A Legacy, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- No, I'm not Byron; I am, yet, Mikhail Yuryevich Lermontov
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Sad Child, Margaret Atwood