A Version of Insanity
She has always lived in a separate reality,
This I swear to you,
She has accused me of many things,
Things that are a part of her imagination.
She claims I am a criminal,
One who stole many things from her,
She claims I am insane,
For I rave at the top of my lungs.
She proclaims me a paedophile,
For I hurt very little children,
She claims me a stalker,
For I follow her everywhere.
She proclaims me a molester,
For I kissed her, apparently,
She proclaims me a rapist,
For I apparently committed sexual assault.
I swear to you I did none of these,
I never laid a hand on her,
But otherwise I would die,
Even if I dared hurt her.
So she lives in insanity,
Her insanity proclaimed,
I don't know her reality,
But it's not this universe.
Justin Reamer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Version of Insanity by Justin Reamer )
- Over Time, Fatima Nusairat
- Truth is that, gajanan mishra
- FUCHSIA, Aminath Neena
- love is an 8 ball- it is decidedly so, Mandolyn ...
- Rising of a New Day Through Shine, Rohit Sapra
- Sad Cloud, ramesh rai
- I am carnival, Havilah
- Creative Musical Juces, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Finally Found Our Home, Michael McParland
- Distance doesn't matter, Antonio Liao
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Dirge, Ralph Waldo Emerson
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)