Almedia Knight Oliver
A Victim Of Love
Not knowing where it began or will end...
Times filled with tears
Times in your arms
Times I climb walls, even
fell in love with your
truths and lies.
I hurt, kisses
lessen not pains
Is love a pleasant indulgence, or
A natural unlearned emotion?
Ovid why see love an art
these years, we know it’s not.
No teacher of love for women
Just victims of your art
Romantic to the core thy art.
frustration are our lot
Wounded by cupid’s dart
Drip, drop, drop...
blood -tear-filled nights, I shiver.
Low burns fire in ripe age
but my ladle overflows with love.
So, thrist no more my aried mouth.
Love and me are where we belong
and love is the price of war
Almedia S Knight
Almedia Knight Oliver's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Victim Of Love by Almedia Knight Oliver )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Suicide in the Trenches, Siegfried Sassoon
Poem of the Day
- Nobody, maryline vautravers
- Textology - 3. Mistakes, Joseph Archer
- Your smile, Leong Ming Loong
- everything is ok, Cee Bea
- मेरी तनहाइयां..............., sanjay kumar maurya
- Curses Of Much, Naveed Akram
- Colors of Our Love, Saliah Jabbar
- witness, Cee Bea
- It Was Delightfully Cold, Naveed Akram
- DUAL ROLE, MBJ Pancras