A Violent Flourish Of Love
A violent flourish of love,
rushing and bursting, in veins and arteries.
Breathing life into old aching bones.
Pumping muscles with a fast paced rhythm.
The support scheme of old aged couples,
The soother of scratches of young toddlers.
Love, like an overflowing river.
Racing down river beds, Bursting stone damns.
More than a poem,
More than any man.
Rachel Henley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Violent Flourish Of Love by Rachel Henley )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- beware of false friends, Micron
- Madhubala, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- Andhere Kaa Deepak, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Birthday poem, Wala' Qamhieh
- If you want to be my inspirer, Elius Rubby
- Being in love, Sahra Hussein
- Walk On!, Shweta Nair
- My Father, Sahra Hussein
- Crime against humanity (a prose poem), paul bamberger
- Serenity Later Prayer, Joseph DeMarco
- starlings display team, lee fones
- Extinction is Forever, Joseph DeMarco
- What Is Poetry To Adil?, Bijay Kant Dubey