A Virtuous Frog Is No More.
Once upon a time in a land far away,
in the great vast wilderness I wander,
with full assurance a beautiful princess,
she was dressed in scarlet velvet fine.
Dwelling on the shores a pondering,
The skylarks on the wing were singing,
the gay warbling sounds of the brook,
happened upon a frog as she there sat.
A verdant flowing meadow near her castle,
the sunshine cascading of her yellow hair,
into the princess's lap the frog did bound,
Hi! I was once a handsome young prince.
Until an evil witch cast a spell upon me,
One kiss from you, will my youth restore,
and I will turn back into a young prince,
then oh! my sweetest, I can marry thee.
With my old mother in your castle stay,
where you can prepare all my meals,
launder my clothes, bear my children,
feel forever grateful and happy doing so.
Later That night, as the princess dined,
sumptuously on lightly sauteed frog legs,
A white wine pepper and onion cream sauce,
Finished with the best Camembert cheese.
She had a chuckle and thought to herself,
Rather have mushrooms than toadstools,
giggling loudly I don't hardly think so frog,
The witch I thee drink a wee dram or two.
Anthony Fry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Virtuous Frog Is No More. by Anthony Fry )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- The Zoo Keeper, Maharishi Deja Vu
- Undiminished, Maharishi Deja Vu
- Finish This List Of Chores, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Good circle, hasmukh amathalal
- Live with this moment, gajanan mishra
- The loss may be, hasmukh amathalal
- Stay free from desires, gajanan mishra
- G O P....Profiling - The Black Republican, James B. Earley
- Destroy not, gajanan mishra
- I Have Friends, Lawrence S. Pertillar