A Virtuous Frog Is No More.
Once upon a time in a land far away,
in the great vast wilderness I wander,
with full assurance a beautiful princess,
she was dressed in scarlet velvet fine.
Dwelling on the shores a pondering,
The skylarks on the wing were singing,
the gay warbling sounds of the brook,
happened upon a frog as she there sat.
A verdant flowing meadow near her castle,
the sunshine cascading of her yellow hair,
into the princess's lap the frog did bound,
Hi! I was once a handsome young prince.
Until an evil witch cast a spell upon me,
One kiss from you, will my youth restore,
and I will turn back into a young prince,
then oh! my sweetest, I can marry thee.
With my old mother in your castle stay,
where you can prepare all my meals,
launder my clothes, bear my children,
feel forever grateful and happy doing so.
Later That night, as the princess dined,
sumptuously on lightly sauteed frog legs,
A white wine pepper and onion cream sauce,
Finished with the best Camembert cheese.
She had a chuckle and thought to herself,
Rather have mushrooms than toadstools,
giggling loudly I don't hardly think so frog,
The witch I thee drink a wee dram or two.
Anthony Fry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Virtuous Frog Is No More. by Anthony Fry )
- Drivers lessons, Harold R Hunt Sr
- I love you, Harold R Hunt Sr
- love, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Under the stairs., Harold R Hunt Sr
- On my shoulder, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Out of the mouth of babies., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Chand Khoya He Badlo Mein, Hwa Khamoshi .., Yashvardhan Goel
- Later Tonight, Michael McParland
- summer, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Down by the river., Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)