Frederick George Scott
A Wayside Cross
A WAYSIDE cross at set of day
Unto my sprit thus did say—
"O soul, my branching arms you see
Point four ways to infinity.
"One points to infinite above,
To show the height of heavenly love.
"Two point to infinite width, which shows
That heavenly love no limit knows.
"One points to infinite beneath,
To show God's love is under death.
"The four arms join, an emblem sweet
That in God's heart all loves will meet."
I thanked the cross as I turned away
For such sweet thoughts in the twilight grey.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Wayside Cross by Frederick George Scott )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Another Day, Michael McParland
- Another Christmas, Michael McParland
- Another, Michael McParland
- Anonymous Girl, Michael McParland
- I want to be a serial chiller with you, Mandolyn Davidson
- Upon A Star, Kewayne Wadley
- To my Gurudev...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- खामानिखौ मावलां जोहोलाव, Bahadur Basumatary
- Estrange, micheal john
- J'attendrai, Michael Mira