A weep of fate
A Weep of Fate
There was a guy sat on a bench, waiting for his bride to arrive,
There was a woman outside a church,
Wiping the tears from her eyes.
Today was the day his future bride would have arrived,
Today was the day her husband lost his life.
The tears that poured down from his eyes,
Created the puddle in which her reflection lied.
It told of beauty, of love and radiance,
When inside all she felt, was the end of all romance.
She handed him her handkerchief and asked what was wrong,
The words fell from his mouth, unwittingly like a song.
His bride, he said; had not arrived,
His heart was broken; his love-life had died.
She offered him comfort and he thanked her for caring,
Then she spoke of her lover and his death left her crying.
As she spoke, the man listened disbelievingly at first,
Then he told her he was here,
On the anniversary of his wife’s death.
She suddenly stopped and apologised for talking,
For she had come over in the first place,
To maybe aid him whilst mourning.
He told her his tale and it shocked her to see,
The man too was in mourning for his bride to be.
One year before, in a collision with a car;
She too had died and floated away up into the stars.
Coincidence, this may have been; but two lovers were now lost;
But with a simple twist of fate, new lovers would exist.
Their misery, had given them a connection.
Their love was so strong, it left a lasting impression.
Now twenty two years later, at the graveyard she weeps;
For the twice widowed woman,
Has lost her man of mourning in his sleep.
(C) 2013 Aa Harvey. All Rights Reserved.
AaI Harvey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A weep of fate by AaI Harvey )
- Hidden Love~, Mr. Nobody Nothing
- broken heart, jaquesha webb
- In My Head, Foster Teegarden
- Love is Splattered Everywhere!, Mr. Nobody Nothing
- Deep Water, The Princess
- All Things Nice, Tania Montgomery
- Love is a Sad and Sorry Chameleon, Hebert Logerie
- Love Thru Poetic Passion, Sandra Feldman
- The Ocean's Gates, Brandt Nightingale
- Tribute to the King, Tania Montgomery
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Eldorado, Edgar Allan Poe
- A New Day, Electric Lady
- Evening Star, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
- Heather Burns