A Wholphin's Song
This is my song,
TO THE SEA I BELONG:
I dream of the ocean,
And unlimited motion.
If only you knew,
I'm tired of my view.
I'd love to roam far and wide,
Oh, the joy to decide
Which rivers to navigate,
And choose my fate.
If I could catch my own dinner,
I'd feel like a winner.
How I'd dearly wish,
To chase sparkling fish.
To be able to explore,
What's on the sea floor,
See how far I can dive,
Feel truly alive.
To choose a date,
My own family create.
If I grew wings,
Perhaps I could have these things.
I would dare,
To soar through the air,
Land in the sea,
And cry, 'Yippee! '
Please set me free,
Listen to my plea.
Let your heart feel this song:
TO THE SEA I BELONG.
Stephen Katona's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Wholphin's Song by Stephen Katona )
Did you read them?
- Only witness, gajanan mishra
- My Life, Ivan Christabel Prashant
- 수원 ANMA☞０１０▼５９３３▼０４３７☜수원 ANMA, zczx zxczxc
- Dreams, Daisy Pereira
- Beauty of Care, Rohit Sapra
- 수원 ANMA MASSAJE ♠♠010 ５９４６ ０３７７♠♠수원[수원] .., zczx zxczxc
- 수원[수원] ANMA수원[수원] AN, zczx zxczxc
- A Spray of Water: Tanka [one narcissus], Chimako Tada
- And water lies plainly, Laurie Sheck
- Three Little Words, Adam Wilson
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)