Geetima Baruah Sarma
One evening I sat alone
On the verandah
And looked up towards the sky.
All of a sudden,
A shooting star passed by.
I thought for a moment -
What shall I wish?
I wondered and wondered.
Then, a beautiful thought
Came to my mind.
I felt as if God said something
In my ears, silently.
I closed my eyes and wished -
Let there be no chaos
And confusion anywhere
But only happiness, love
And peace everywhere.
[Published: 20 March 2010 in 'feelings' column of 'Horizon', the Saturday supplement of 'The Assam Tribune']
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Wish by Geetima Baruah Sarma )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- beware of false friends, Micron
- Madhubala, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
Poem of the Day
- Besten Dank für den Gruss, Wolfgang Steinmann
- Birthday poem, Wala' Qamhieh
- If you want to be my inspirer, Elius Rubby
- Being in love, Sahra Hussein
- Walk On!, Shweta Nair
- My Father, Sahra Hussein
- Crime against humanity (a prose poem), paul bamberger
- Serenity Later Prayer, Joseph DeMarco
- starlings display team, lee fones
- Extinction is Forever, Joseph DeMarco