'A Woman's Life'
A woman's life is not easy to live!
her whole life devoted to others
learning her fates, sacrafice to give.
To clean and cook, bear a man's child
and through monthly cramping and mood swings
she's still expected to smile!
Mammograms, squeezing her breasts
between two cold metal plates!
Still hubby wants them suckers the biggest
But says, 'that anything over a handfuls
a waste? '
You better stay slender and tight!
while he's fat and falling apart!
Sitting in his easy chair, watching sports
while lifting one butt cheek, too fart!
You try your best, to look as good as you can
while chubby, hubby watches the girly shows
viewing others, tight rear ends!
A woman's life is not as pictured to be
in a young girls dreams.
Thinking that all would be as in viewed in the movies
a loving husband, white picket fence, in movie scenes.
'Hats off to these Woman! '
For all they have and still must sacrifice!
All because of Eve's sin in a garden
Now we all must pay, sin's price!
Linda Winchell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('A Woman's Life' by Linda Winchell )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 November 1759 – 9 May 1805)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Happy Birthday, Jesus!, Mitta Xinindlu
- Paint my Souls, Jennifer Colyne Hall
- Logic in Rhyme 5, Kim Barney
- What about counry, hasmukh amathalal
- Heart on Fire, Jennifer Colyne Hall
- 'Tis a Somewhat Sad Christmas!, Dr John Celes
- Let me observe carefully, gajanan mishra
- Waiting, Jennifer Colyne Hall
- Thank all and smile, hasmukh amathalal
- O my Lord, gajanan mishra