'A Woman's Life'
A woman's life is not easy to live!
her whole life devoted to others
learning her fates, sacrafice to give.
To clean and cook, bear a man's child
and through monthly cramping and mood swings
she's still expected to smile!
Mammograms, squeezing her breasts
between two cold metal plates!
Still hubby wants them suckers the biggest
But says, 'that anything over a handfuls
a waste? '
You better stay slender and tight!
while he's fat and falling apart!
Sitting in his easy chair, watching sports
while lifting one butt cheek, too fart!
You try your best, to look as good as you can
while chubby, hubby watches the girly shows
viewing others, tight rear ends!
A woman's life is not as pictured to be
in a young girls dreams.
Thinking that all would be as in viewed in the movies
a loving husband, white picket fence, in movie scenes.
'Hats off to these Woman! '
For all they have and still must sacrifice!
All because of Eve's sin in a garden
Now we all must pay, sin's price!
Linda Winchell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('A Woman's Life' by Linda Winchell )
- চান যা পাবেন তা!, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Purposeful Enigma, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Coming Of Harmattan, Tony Adah
- Pursuing Rhythms, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Innocense, ekta mudgal
- What Would Happen, IF I Were Unseen?, Mr. Nobody
- The Buried Past, David Lewis Paget
- Individual Predicaments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Limerick-1(GIRL-FRIEND OR GRANNY), Saheb Mohapatra
- Question Of Faith, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Television, Roald Dahl
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(19 January 1919 - 10 May 2002)