A world of forgotten fairies
A wistful tale of sundry fairies lies,
within the shoal of villages in Ireland.
It is a surreptitious secret that the elders,
amongst strangers they dare not to tell.
Henceforth it is tale that kinsfolk chunter,
from the lonly byres onto the brisk strand.
And they speak of magical beings that wend,
onto the bustling wind among the vast dale.
Amidst the dales winding paths are found,
behind the forgotten caims and barrows.
But there past the abounding Elysian Fields,
is a hidden gate to a world of mystic lore.
There in a place nigh where Goblins reign,
from there beyond the far away knolls.
Dryads hover abreast within the high boughs,
within the manifold willow trees galore.
Gremlins stride always swiftly as they lurk,
in the depth of the seemingly drifting fogs.
Dwarfs belabour within the tall steep heaps,
within the cold and hardened mountains.
Bally bogs roam and saunter as they dwell,
within the depth of the gloomy peat bogs.
Wizen trolls frightened the strayed souls,
within the darken caves of fountains.
Elves prance so abundantly and freely as one,
amidst the dear solace of the woods.
Whistling cries of the wandering Banshee,
within the edge of the bustling rivers.
Gnomes found scampering throughout the day,
within the midst of the verdant groves.
Giants in the highlands and in the lowlands,
tower the might of the creepy Ogres.
Therefore it is a world where humans ramble,
amidst the darkle world of the unknown.
Nymphs open the gate to this wondrous abode,
nearby the bestrewn delectable crowberries.
It is a tiny figure of a shimmering light of orbs,
seen there upon the back of a lone fawn.
The mothers of Ireland share with their children,
every night the tale of a world of forgotten fairies.
Franc Rodriguez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A world of forgotten fairies by Franc Rodriguez )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Leprosy eradication., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Beyond The Dotted Lines, Asma Riaz Khan
- if I die young, Juwon Daniel
- Story of snow., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- She Wanted, Spiritwind Wood
- When love was born, Lehlohonolo Selai
- There is a Configuration of the Universe, michael walkerjohn
- R e D *) I c E... (r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- A childhood lamentation, Juwon Daniel
- ` The Quiets..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR