With so much unrest in the world and fighting among nations,
Our ardous task should be to control our vulgar passions.
Advertent and inadvertent misuse of theology is rampant,
Propagation of conflict seem to be our course so adamant.
Selfishness, self righteousness abound with too much racism,
False leaders stalk our communitties with goals of fanaticism.
We are torn daily between the disparities, living in division,
Forget not the drive for unity, as we chase false goals in confusion.
Stay firm on the pathway to undestanding, bury false ego,
Be true to your culture and divinity, be your descendants hero.
Submit to truth, accountability and co-existence in faith,
Beyond divisions is the unity of love, let's abandon hate.
Perveiz Ali's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Abandon Disparity by Perveiz Ali )
- Chords Of Eternity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Silent Lips, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- ten pm is..., Mandolyn ...
- How joyfully surprised you made me (cava.., Gert Strydom
- Obstacles, gajanan mishra
- When Autumn Comes Again, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- People conceive me (inside - outside poe.., Gert Strydom
- Let it go - time, gajanan mishra
- Last Act of Penance, Andy Caldwell
- Look At This City, Lenny Orlando Camacho
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns