He dropped a box in the marshes
Was he up to no good?
Was it evil?
Then we saw cats
Oh No! did he just abandon kittens?
Checked it out
Contained cat food not kittens
Helping homeless cats
Sometimes we get a pleasant surprise.
Do we get what we see?
Or see what we get?
Nancy Chambers's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Abandoned Cats by Nancy Chambers )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Sheer Columns, Lisa Williams
- Report Of A Journey, Abraham Sutzkever
- Signs, Abraham Sutzkever
- Falling Water, Abraham Sutzkever
- My Armor, Abraham Sutzkever
- Barefoot, Abraham Sutzkever
- To an Exterminator, Lisa Williams
- Branch With Last Cherries, Abraham Sutzkever
- Brooding Eels, Lisa Williams
- Land Of My Children, Abraham Sutzkever