Their little hearts beat
Inside of their mother
Tiny hands and feet
You kill one after another
Why do you want them dead?
It's a brand new life
Yet you plunge into their heads
With a surgical knife
They will never see a sunny day
You will never hear their voice
And to think, you can stand and say
It is freedom of choice?
This life, it's in God's will
His own work of art
It is not yours to kill
It's not your place to stop their hearts!
This baby cannot even cry
Who will cry for the child inside of you, who?
This child that will die?
I will cry for the child that dies inside of you!
Whitney Albright's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Abortion by Whitney Albright )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Living up to love, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Leave Sorrow Behind, Paul Gerard Reed
- A LANDSCAPE IS AWAITING..., M.D Dinesh Nair
- الغابة السوداء, نزار قباني
- <<< Free Conscience, Abdul Wahab
- شموس, نزار قباني
- المعطف, نزار قباني
- You Are My Love, You Are My Heart, Radha.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Poem: Hymnody, Joseph James Breunig 3rd
- You Are My Love, You Are My Heart, Radha, Bijay Kant Dubey