Their little hearts beat
Inside of their mother
Tiny hands and feet
You kill one after another
Why do you want them dead?
It's a brand new life
Yet you plunge into their heads
With a surgical knife
They will never see a sunny day
You will never hear their voice
And to think, you can stand and say
It is freedom of choice?
This life, it's in God's will
His own work of art
It is not yours to kill
It's not your place to stop their hearts!
This baby cannot even cry
Who will cry for the child inside of you, who?
This child that will die?
I will cry for the child that dies inside of you!
Whitney Albright's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Abortion by Whitney Albright )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- To Answer Your Question, Serena Blackinton
- ' H E I S...', sunshine garcia
- Love Note 11, Michael P. McParland
- Bicker and Swear, Donal Mahoney
- Put God First, Robert Barnett
- Te Amé Desde el Primer de los Días, Hebert Logerie
- Scales falling, Angell Afinowi
- About the Armadillo, Angell Afinowi
- Leprosy at the birthday Party, Angell Afinowi
- The Journey, Alvin Mingle