Their little hearts beat
Inside of their mother
Tiny hands and feet
You kill one after another
Why do you want them dead?
It's a brand new life
Yet you plunge into their heads
With a surgical knife
They will never see a sunny day
You will never hear their voice
And to think, you can stand and say
It is freedom of choice?
This life, it's in God's will
His own work of art
It is not yours to kill
It's not your place to stop their hearts!
This baby cannot even cry
Who will cry for the child inside of you, who?
This child that will die?
I will cry for the child that dies inside of you!
Whitney Albright's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Abortion by Whitney Albright )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Peace of Trees, Sandra Feldman
- and back to the middle of the road lies .., RIC S. BASTASA
- aut neca aut necare, RIC S. BASTASA
- Not a Poem at all, sEaN nOrTh
- to be empty all over again and move like.., RIC S. BASTASA
- and once again you decide to live., RIC S. BASTASA
- 'tonight at ten'., RIC S. BASTASA
- you must be lucky to have found it, RIC S. BASTASA
- love became l o v e became LOVE and now .., Mandolyn ...
- that self-confidence, RIC S. BASTASA