RIC S. BASTASA
abraham hears the voice of God
to bring Isaac on top of Mt. Moriah
there he must kill his own son
his offering to the Lord, His God
the argument begins, why his God
must order him to kill his own son?
is this killing this murder not a sin?
does God make man to commit sin?
If One orders him to kill his own son
God? Is God in this not a murderer too?
the steps to Moriah are difficult thougths
yet Abraham, Abraham, do you Love
your God as God and none other?
kill your own son, Love of God?
you know how it ended. You know
how Abraham became the Father of Faith.
RIC S. BASTASA's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (abraham by RIC S. BASTASA )
- Seconds In Prison, Naveed Akram
- The Light Brigade Charge, John F. McCullagh
- Farewell Forever, Sacha Hayes O'Grady
- Orphans, Nassy Fesharaki
- An Atheist on Sunday, Donal Mahoney
- Remember me, micheal john
- For God and Country, John F. McCullagh
- Smoking is Injurious to Health, Aftab Alam
- While crying, let me smile, gajanan mishra
- Butterfly's Flight, Steve Kittell
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)