Daffodils, Calm astray,
And do I feel?
Do I feel that there are bats in the belfry?
-One day I had noticed nail polish
(Sanguine stain, was just a dream cloud leveling my complexions,
Was just an amber cigarette hugging my skin, eager in its calling)
Spilt on a haiku you wrote to me, lest it was lovingly
So then wondered if you had lived once
In that moment, inside of a moment
In after hours (that are the only raw ones)
As to the good afternoon in fine humor
But would I feel -Even lightly- songs of daffodils in summer's sun?
Belinda Nelson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Absence by Belinda Nelson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- It is nature, hasmukh amathalal
- Difference, hasmukh amathalal
- Own earth own life, gajanan mishra
- My Girl, Dasia Deas
- Silent Messages, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- the old man is bitten, RIC S. BASTASA
- ....and then an empty morning sky, RIC S. BASTASA
- Magnitude Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- At present, hasmukh amathalal
- and then the night swallows her includin.., RIC S. BASTASA