Daffodils, Calm astray,
And do I feel?
Do I feel that there are bats in the belfry?
-One day I had noticed nail polish
(Sanguine stain, was just a dream cloud leveling my complexions,
Was just an amber cigarette hugging my skin, eager in its calling)
Spilt on a haiku you wrote to me, lest it was lovingly
So then wondered if you had lived once
In that moment, inside of a moment
In after hours (that are the only raw ones)
As to the good afternoon in fine humor
But would I feel -Even lightly- songs of daffodils in summer's sun?
Belinda Nelson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Absence by Belinda Nelson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- how to remember me, chip reed
- The Man Who Died, Lawrence Beck
- The Cantos, Nassy Fesharaki
- Passage From Trinidad, Angela Wybrow
- We are two Inharmonious Worlds as a Cry, Fatima Nusairat
- Adazeh Ador-Ishama's Horn, Tony Adah
- Stop and Think, Lylo Benant
- sticky love fest...messed me up good, Mandolyn ...
- Take a Picture, Katelin Taylor
- The New Life: Fifth Stage for Marie, Daniel Brick