There you are siting close to me.
Was an accident that we met.
Conversations, flow like a river.
The stories and experiences we share.
Found a kindred spirit.
Whose heart is open and true.
Sick of the other losers,
whose game it is to make me blue.
I finally have the chance to flex my intelligent might.
Talked to like an adult, a pure delight.
People who know nothing, mean nothing to me.
Longed for someone to talk who could think and hold their own.
Unlike the rest, who whinge and moan.
Surrounded by people, i think nothing of.
Whose game is to annoy and belittle.
Or fill their lives with ignorance or tattle tittle
I have someone to share my thoughts on a even plane.
A sound mind not programmed to drive me insane.
The stories you tell, things you say,
brighten up a miserable day.
Accidental woman, what you bring is joy to me.
The gift of conversation and thought.
That has been lost over the last decade or so.
Deal you deck of cards, a tale that lies within.
A joy to listen to. like a radio station i like.
Bring back a smile upon my face.
Make me laugh until my sides begin to crack.
Accidental woman, I pray that your prayers are answered.
Seek a plane of happiness.
All the riches and happy memories are brought to your feet.
I would not confess to you though, you really are sweet.
Compared to the bitter lemons that sit on my coattails.
Slugs, snails and unpleasant things, sound better with a tale from you.
Biker bees, lakes full of crocs.
Falling from height.
May the landing be soft with aid of mattresses and chocs.
Thank you for brightening up my day.
I Siddiqi 04/04/09
A poem dedicated to a fellow traveller - bless you!
Ibrar Siddiqi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Accidental woman by Ibrar Siddiqi )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- The Rainbow, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- I Love You Kira, Michael P. McParland
- And Again I Made Love, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Nightmare of the American, Dorsey Baker
- Q&A format, gajanan mishra
- A Different New Year's Eve, Donal Mahoney
- Early To Bed, Michael P. McParland
- Drop In The Bucket, Michael P. McParland
- I Am Nobody......, Michael P. McParland
- Who to forgive., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Right Next To Me, Michael P. McParland