Lawrence S. Pertillar
Accused Of Being Selfish
What has been taken from another,
Is insignificant for the other not suffering.
But that day comes and attention is expected.
Empathy desired is wished and wanted,
To receive and accept.
When one doesn't get it,
Everyone is accused of being selfish.
Even the ones neglected and left affected,
To endure their suffering to heal successfully alone.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Accused Of Being Selfish by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- KILL THE DESIRES OF THE FLESH, Dominic George
- WE DUMPSTER HIM DAMNED, Dominic George
- Mess, Tiku akp
- THE FORGOTTEN PARENT, Dominic George
- Our life is full of a lot of thorns anyt.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A CHRISTIAN'S COLUMN, Dominic George
- The male and the female, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Interlude, mary douglas
- Those sensations تلك الاحاسيس, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I had shied away, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)