Heather Z. Hanna
Acknowledge Their Souls
Instead of me
I will look at them.
Look in their eyes
Acknowledge their souls.
Give them my attention.
Let them know or leave them feeling
That someone cares,
If only for a moment.
Instead of me,
Hiding my face or my eyes
to keep them at bay.
Using my eyes as a mirror, a shield disguised.
To reflect their questions or impressions of me.
That will be the greater defense
of my private soul
that hides from them and resides with me.
To let them see only themselves in my eyes.
Will keep them away
and they will not know me.
But I will know them
to some degree.
Know their smiles or fears or anger or joys.
They will feel without knowing why,
that someone else cares about their private lives.
And I will keep my sanctity.
My privacy, my soul
For only me to know.
For only me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Acknowledge Their Souls by Heather Z. Hanna )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- We Are Scottish, Randy McClave
- AS SOON AS...., Robin Kirsch
- The Flood, Jose Armando Guzman
- Shadows in the Dark, Darlene Walsh
- Who can be one's bombshell?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Eveningsong, Elizabeth Shield
- Chords Of Remembering, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Composite Of Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Journal Editors Calling Themselves C.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- until we end up in the same tent..., Mandolyn ...