James Walter Orr
Across The Years
I watch as starlight’s gleam across the years,
recalls to me our dream across the years.
We walked together, all those years ago:
the perfect loving team, across the years.
That last time, when the dew was on the grass,
your teardrops were our theme, across the years.
If I could but reverse those wheeling stars;
turn back that pain extreme across the years.
They say time heals all wounds: the time they mock
now forms an endless seam, across the years.
The salty drops that trickle down your cheeks,
reflect back each moonbeam, across the years.
How bitter is my woe, how deep the hurt,
that forms our future’s scheme across the years.
Easy it is to swallow now, my pride,
and feel your warm esteem, across the years.
James Walter Orr's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Across The Years by James Walter Orr )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- Virtuous people shall not do certain thi.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Drinking The Pineapple Wind Out Of A Cloud, mary douglas
- The great companion, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Save By The crumbs, George Egba
- OUR WORDS ARE NOT FUNNY كلماتنا ليست للت.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A SEASON RETREATS..., M.D Dinesh Nair
- Mockingbird tanka, hap rochelle
- My Music Box, Have They Killed You?, mary douglas
- Try to be, hasmukh amathalal
- Id. is case sensative, Aftab Alam