I push away your accusations;
say what you want dear, I will not listen..
All the time i spent on you is now wasted;
how could I put myself in this position.?
I am so tired of being deceived,
You have torn my motivation away from me..
Each day I find it harder to breathe
and i long for a purpose so desperately.
Words cannot express my misery;
the hope that I had left' now remains history..
I don't understand how the people i love the most
became the people who degrade me constantly.
I ask the lord, 'what have i done to deserve this..?
I've looked much farther than what is seen on the surface,
I have learned that the meaning of life is to give life purpose,
So tell me why do the people I care about the most
make me feel so worthless? '
I need a reason to keep on trying;
to keep faking my smile and to keep on denying-
I must be addicted to this sorrow because not a thing can satisfy me;
not love, not family; not friends or company.
Melissa Robinson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Addictive Misery by Melissa Robinson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Ghost City, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- The fine things in life, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Dead concern, hasmukh amathalal
- Your phallus is, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- rejection, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- All You Do Is Take, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- tics, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Throwback Stances, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Elephant - best creature, gajanan mishra
- Burning Ashes of Moon, Arivazhagan Kaivalyam