I push away your accusations;
say what you want dear, I will not listen..
All the time i spent on you is now wasted;
how could I put myself in this position.?
I am so tired of being deceived,
You have torn my motivation away from me..
Each day I find it harder to breathe
and i long for a purpose so desperately.
Words cannot express my misery;
the hope that I had left' now remains history..
I don't understand how the people i love the most
became the people who degrade me constantly.
I ask the lord, 'what have i done to deserve this..?
I've looked much farther than what is seen on the surface,
I have learned that the meaning of life is to give life purpose,
So tell me why do the people I care about the most
make me feel so worthless? '
I need a reason to keep on trying;
to keep faking my smile and to keep on denying-
I must be addicted to this sorrow because not a thing can satisfy me;
not love, not family; not friends or company.
Melissa Robinson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Addictive Misery by Melissa Robinson )
- poisons by s.r, skye robertson
- Stimulating Outcome, Mac McGovern
- Ultimately, Bill Grace
- Rapture, Deborah Kelley
- Though I mayst fall, Sir Toby
- FUTURE GROWING DISMAL, Donald R Charon
- S. Truett Cathy - In Memory, Bill Grace
- A pair of eyes, Cigeng Zhang
- Dying In The Truth, Dexsta Ray
- The Purple Ant, Bhargabi Dei Mahakul
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- On Turning Ten, Billy Collins
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)