I push away your accusations;
say what you want dear, I will not listen..
All the time i spent on you is now wasted;
how could I put myself in this position.?
I am so tired of being deceived,
You have torn my motivation away from me..
Each day I find it harder to breathe
and i long for a purpose so desperately.
Words cannot express my misery;
the hope that I had left' now remains history..
I don't understand how the people i love the most
became the people who degrade me constantly.
I ask the lord, 'what have i done to deserve this..?
I've looked much farther than what is seen on the surface,
I have learned that the meaning of life is to give life purpose,
So tell me why do the people I care about the most
make me feel so worthless? '
I need a reason to keep on trying;
to keep faking my smile and to keep on denying-
I must be addicted to this sorrow because not a thing can satisfy me;
not love, not family; not friends or company.
Melissa Robinson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Addictive Misery by Melissa Robinson )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 August 1896 - 9 March 1947)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- A Winter Poem, Leslie Philibert
- Angry all the time, Kelly Shanks
- nutmeg needs attention, Havilah
- All Creatures ‘Life Matter, Hebert Logerie
- The Highest Weight Bearing Beam, Michael P. McParland
- This Worthless Beast, Michael P. McParland
- Nothing Matters, Michael P. McParland
- What I Saw When I Came (in 10 words or l.., Holly Wotherspoon
- Unwanted, Michael P. McParland
- Wandering Wasteland, Michael P. McParland