'Adding Fuel To The Flame'
When we play into the hands of anothers anger
We are only adding fuel to their flame.
And if it continues to burn out of control
Then who but yourself is really to blame?
It's what true anger feeds off!
Another's piling on more dry wood!
To fuel anger's flames my friend
Brings nothing but burnt feelings, not good!
Walk away, or snuff it's fire out!
Before it rages way out of control!
It is the only way you'll win anger's rage!
That battle of the fiery sparks one throws!
Linda Winchell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Adding Fuel To The Flame' by Linda Winchell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Color Inside My World, Mikey Bachman
- Haiku #4, Eric Micha'el Leventhal
- My Ramdan, My Repentance, Ahamad Ilyaas Vilayathullah
- She in Desert, Akhtar Jawad
- A bucket of paint, Piyush Dey
- Value be given, gajanan mishra
- Egypt, Tony Adah
- A Tribute To Gray's Elegy, Naveed Khalid
- Nothing i can offer, binod bastola
- Canonical, Naveed Khalid