Kazi Nazrul Islam
How can I adorn her,
With one basketful of flowers?
The sky is overcast
With her dishevelled
Oh, how can I adorn her '?
Why have you, oh gardener,
Given me so few flowers,
That they should disappear
Before I could adorn her?
Ketaki the monsoon's bride
Putting the veil aside.
Behind thorny secret,
The unruly Kamini withers
Before I can touch her.
Drunk in her own fragrance
The tipsy chapa dances.
The shameless damsel Togor
Looks with her big eyes.
But before she could wither
The poor Bokul dies.
[Original in Bangla: Ek dali phule; Translation: Syed Mujibul Huq]
Kazi Nazrul Islam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Adorn Her by Kazi Nazrul Islam )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Without Purpose Or Reason Affixed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Baobab Tree, I Am Krakatoa
- Game of chance, Aftab Alam
- 'Tween Love and Hatred,, Aftab Alam
- Life alright, hasmukh amathalal
- A Child Is Like A Flowering Rose, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Only one...1, hasmukh amathalal
- Caring For A Lonely Heart, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Play Any Tune, Neela Nath
- It Was the Best Day, Sandra Feldman