On the phone.
I shut up.
Theres a man,
Tall and broad.
Why do I hesitate
To walk towards.
'I'll call back in a mo.'
And I hang up the phone.
I stare at this man,
Now my heads in the zone.
He quickens his pace,
And when in arms reach,
He swings at my face and
Personal boundries are breached.
- CRACK -
He's far too big,
So I run like the wind.
When I stop running,
The cut starts to stinng.
Collapse to my knees.
I throw up.
That was disturbing.
James Grayson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Adrenalin by James Grayson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- UH-1 Iroquois, Kyle Schlicher
- Owl-Moon Night & The Rickshaw-puller, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Sagacious Senryus, Diane Hine
- A miner 49er (golden dreams), Monk E. Biz
- SATELLITE MOUTHS, alexander opicho
- Praying A Relief, Amitava Sur
- Infant Morning, Kyle Schlicher
- Broken Homes?, Ellirie Aviles
- What Saves Us, Bruce Weigl
- My Love For You, Saturday Chikezie Promise