Adrian Henri’s Talking After Christmas Blues
Well I woke up this mornin' it was Christmas Day
And the birds were singing the night away
I saw my stocking lying on the chair
Looked right to the bottom but you weren't there
. .. . aftershave
but no you.
So I went downstairs and the dinner was fine
There was pudding and turkey and lots of wine
And I pulled those crackers with a laughing face
Till I saw there was no one in your place
nuts and raisins
. . . mashed potato
but no you.
Now it's New Year and it's Auld Lang Syne
And it's 1 2 o'clock and I'm feeling fine
Should Auld Acquaintance be Forgot?
I don't know girl, but it hurts a lot
vodka dry Martini (stirred
but not shaken)
.... and 12 New Year resolutions
all of them about you.
So it's all the best for the year ahead
As I stagger upstairs and into bed
Then I looked at the pillow by my side
. . .I tell you baby I almost cried
. . . . and Winter
all of them without you.
Adrian Henri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Adrian Henri’s Talking After Christmas Blues by Adrian Henri )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Glad, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Brave Men, Edgar Albert Guest
- Little Fellow, Edgar Albert Guest
- Pa Discusses Economy, Edgar Albert Guest
- We're Dreamers All, Edgar Albert Guest
- If I Had Youth, Edgar Albert Guest
- Cliffs Of Scotland, Edgar Albert Guest
- United States, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Dreams Of Youth, Edgar Albert Guest
- On Station Farewells, Edgar Albert Guest