A rich teenager driving drunk,
And he has driven drunk before.
This night he's more than just a punk.
He kills a family of four.
High priced lawyers convince the judge
The kid was rich, so had no blame,
Just needed therapy to nudge
The kid toward more productive aim.
The judge gave 10 year probation.
Later the kid got in his car,
And while in drunk celebration,
Ran over the judge - so bizarre!
Justice is served in a dark sense.
Affluenza is no defense.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Affluenza Diagnosis by Ima Ryma )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Grand Hand, Michael P. McParland
- Good Day, Man, Joseph Archer
- (Dreams) Bonding As lovers Do, Michael P. McParland
- SOUNDLESS SIGHS, Chromium Blues
- The End, Michael P. McParland
- Warmth, Michael P. McParland
- I Am Nobody, Michael P. McParland
- 'Before', Katherine York
- local zoo, lee fones
- Dusts To Dusts, Joseph Archer