A rich teenager driving drunk,
And he has driven drunk before.
This night he's more than just a punk.
He kills a family of four.
High priced lawyers convince the judge
The kid was rich, so had no blame,
Just needed therapy to nudge
The kid toward more productive aim.
The judge gave 10 year probation.
Later the kid got in his car,
And while in drunk celebration,
Ran over the judge - so bizarre!
Justice is served in a dark sense.
Affluenza is no defense.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Affluenza Diagnosis by Ima Ryma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Poetic Flashes, Sandra Feldman
- Lick Of Leak, sallam yassin
- Ode to Arizona on a Hot Summer's Day, Adam M. Snow
- Forgiveness, Tony Ford
- Chaperon, Nassy Fesharaki
- Great Warmth of a Curious Heart, B.. Alexander
- Whereabouts, B.. Alexander
- you're tall enough to ride this ride, Mandolyn ...
- Acrostic, Cheryl Griffith
- Heart, Sello Matsepe