Afraid of Words
These thoughts fill my head
of memories I cannot keep.
The secrets that hide
tear me apart deep.
A simple smile
a total waste of time.
How words can change everything
just tell me I will be fine.
I want to hear
an apology, not a lie.
Will I ever hear it?
Or will you say goodbye?
The dreams I want
it makes my heart weak.
Tell me you are sorry
I'm afraid of the words you speak.
leanna markgraf's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Afraid of Words by leanna markgraf )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Speak about love, hasmukh amathalal
- The Petrichor, Poet Akinwemimo Idris
- Its outcome, hasmukh amathalal
- Morning, Victor Cruickshank
- unforgettable circumstance!, Steve Jackson
- A song lyric on a soft sorrow!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Leaving You, John deVries
- Bednight, Victor Cruickshank
- Utterly Lovely, John deVries
- Time and Man, Victor Cruickshank