Her eye, an amazing ball of fire
Spherical, amber, orange-red
Without lashes, with glamour.
Colours fuse, red, pink, orange, yellow,
Mutating through that array,
Throwing colour behind dark clouds,
Giving them a pink backdrop.
Illusionary flames burn my soul.
Houses on the ridge flamoxed in amber.
I bask in her radiance,
Mop up that spectacle,
internalise it to lift my spirits.
I hear darkness tumble upon the land,
Crushing something in me.
nkosana Mpofu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (African Sunset by nkosana Mpofu )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Not Yet, I Am Krakatoa
- दङ आंहा सिमां, Ronjoy Brahma
- He Was Who He Was, Frieda Risvold
- CPI(M) Comrades & Cadres, The Muscle-men, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The CPI(M) Only Knows Its Men, Only See.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- नोँनि थाखायनो आं मेगन मोदै जानांबाय सना, Bahadur Basumatary
- Many Third-class Men As University Teach.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Marvelous Floating Bookshop and Virt.., mary douglas
- So Many Things, Neela Nath
- Summer Rhapsody in Blue Raspberry Circa .., mary douglas