After Christmas (12/31/11)
Christmas is over and my heart is full of gloom
It came very fast, and ended much to soon.
I saw the hearts of people who struggled to bring good cheer
But the only thing they was feeling
Was doubts and lots of fears.
This bad economy has spread worldwide
And it shows in peoples eyes.
But as parents- we’ll use the plastic if we must
For in us “ our children have put their trust”.
We can not dampen their spirits
Or have them give up hope
So with this economy, we’ll just have to learn to cope.
The Christmas tree and decorations
will soon be coming down
And the smiles on their faces
Will soon become a frown.
But they have been taught that we’re
Celebrating the birth of Christ
And to honor our savior is the thing that is right.
As the kings gave this newborn child gifts
Then so must we, for this was something
That GOD did see.
Christ -mas was born because of him.
Every birth is a miracle- as you see It in the mothers eyes
Love and affection is something they can not hide.
Although these Christmas holidays
Are coming to an end
To my family and friends
His love I will send.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (After Christmas by louis rams )
- Miep - A Woman of Courage, David Clinch
- Exam Time (for the girl who struggled), David Clinch
- A Cottage Hill, Naveed Khalid
- Keep Me Moored to the Harbour, David Clinch
- It's the One in the Suit Who's Firing th.., David Clinch
- मानो गाबदोँ, Ronjoy Brahma
- Birthday Woman, David Clinch
- A Warning from History, David Clinch
- blood around the cuticle of us, Mandolyn ...
- She Has The Will To Succeed, Ronell Warren Alman
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Family I love, Kristina Riggs
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)