After Christmas (12/31/11)
Christmas is over and my heart is full of gloom
It came very fast, and ended much to soon.
I saw the hearts of people who struggled to bring good cheer
But the only thing they was feeling
Was doubts and lots of fears.
This bad economy has spread worldwide
And it shows in peoples eyes.
But as parents- we’ll use the plastic if we must
For in us “ our children have put their trust”.
We can not dampen their spirits
Or have them give up hope
So with this economy, we’ll just have to learn to cope.
The Christmas tree and decorations
will soon be coming down
And the smiles on their faces
Will soon become a frown.
But they have been taught that we’re
Celebrating the birth of Christ
And to honor our savior is the thing that is right.
As the kings gave this newborn child gifts
Then so must we, for this was something
That GOD did see.
Christ -mas was born because of him.
Every birth is a miracle- as you see It in the mothers eyes
Love and affection is something they can not hide.
Although these Christmas holidays
Are coming to an end
To my family and friends
His love I will send.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (After Christmas by louis rams )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- If I Could Tell The World Something, Tony Adah
- Pure Tangerine Is The Colour I Would Speak, mary douglas
- hell in life, mehdi izadkhah
- The Parish Carnival, Donal Mahoney
- Voice Prints Of The Angels On The Crysta.., mary douglas
- Rusted Dagger, Nalini Chaturvedi
- The Folks Back East Got Your Letter, mary douglas
- The Many Coloured Bear At Rest In A Vari.., mary douglas
- Summer Camp In Zinnia Yellow Or Orange W.., mary douglas
- The Princess Recounts The History Of Ros.., mary douglas