After Dinner - Margaret and Richard
Most couples, from their future, with dismay
Attempt to hide as years add tears to doubt,
Reminding one that life seems roundabout
Gone haywire, with its genius astray.
And yet you set example day-to-day
Regrets no space retain, inside or out.
Each in his way should vain conventions flout,
Though few give striking proof succeed we may.
Rewards are justly won. The interplay
Instinctive of your talents is without
Counterfeit or bluff though all about
Hope for mere fraction of your worth to lay
A sure foundation for that joy which I
Rise up to toast, pair love does sanctify.
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (After Dinner - Margaret and Richard by Jonathan ROBIN )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- grenadier guards, lee fones
- I was not that lucky, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- the jar has more than wasps, Mandolyn Davidson
- A prayer to my Pagli..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Swabby Ship Shanty, Samantha Pearson
- In Praise of Nobility (Sixteen), Rubaba Mmahajia Rahma Sabtiu
- In Praise of Nobility (Fifteen), Rubaba Mmahajia Rahma Sabtiu
- Hope, Olugbuyi Stephen Gbolly
- I trace you on the coffee table, Mandolyn Davidson
- On Line Poet's Friendship, Om Chawla