Is It Poetry
Already there it is nearly gone,
no magic, no music flat waves.
I am, because of you and trusted how we, two lovers met.
And other people,
lost along the beaconed way and we cannot use it.
You were the miracle all saw, because I am simple, of me.
It was found as well out in the wind,
and I found it out in the sea - come to me,
it is splendid, it is not, as for me.
Tidal pools, see ours the fish swim in circles,
as they wait to get out.
Great is the ceremony, look to the coastal side,
wherein I was brought up.
But however the pool it looks,
in the dark by the moon, it was safe.
Safe from the storm,
life was for me, you looking out from the tide.
Then if it is bitterer than the sea for all peace,
after love you are the price that I paid.
Is It Poetry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (.................After Love by Is It Poetry )
- It Really Ain't So Bad.... In Hell ......., Bri Edwards
- Crushed Cookies...... [HUMOR; SHORT; re.., Bri Edwards
- Where Did Mommy Go, Stephen Morris Jr
- me sisters dog, lee fones
- On Cold Grey Mountain, John Martinez
- I KNEW LOVE, SHARON YAKOWA
- I'm Still Here, Stephen Morris Jr
- tramp, lee fones
- Leaves On The Grass, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Thought Process, Mitta Xinindlu
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Bright Glow, Joyce Hemsley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Very Short Song, Dorothy Parker
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Love's Philosophy, Percy Bysshe Shelley
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(22 March 1941 -)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)