They all still have beating hearts.
Blood pumps through their veins.
They're fixated in their own heads.
They're completely unaware
of the corpse, sitting right next to them.
My heart stopped beating years ago.
My blood stopped pumping.
My thoughts stopped racing. I know,
I died some time ago.
The world will still spin.
The friends will still talk.
Life will always go on.
But not for me.
For I've begun my afterlife.
my darling solely tethers me.
Brings me the elixir of revival.
Brings me back to life.
Mike Dolch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Afterlife by Mike Dolch )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- All That I Know, Suburban Lovechild
- I Remained Silent, Lilly Emery
- They touched My Shoulder, Buxton Shippy
- The Outcast, Maverick Jones
- COLORS الالوان, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- dont mess with granny smith, lee fones
- COLRS الالوان, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Dog And The Cat, Chris Ekong
- leave me your hands so i can learn how t.., Mandolyn Davidson
- Find Love All Around, Musfiq us shaleheen