They all still have beating hearts.
Blood pumps through their veins.
They're fixated in their own heads.
They're completely unaware
of the corpse, sitting right next to them.
My heart stopped beating years ago.
My blood stopped pumping.
My thoughts stopped racing. I know,
I died some time ago.
The world will still spin.
The friends will still talk.
Life will always go on.
But not for me.
For I've begun my afterlife.
my darling solely tethers me.
Brings me the elixir of revival.
Brings me back to life.
Mike Dolch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Afterlife by Mike Dolch )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Life and death..how we come and how we g.., krishnakumar chandrasekar nair
- You need me, gajanan mishra
- Infractions Rained Down Tears, mary douglas
- poetic shenanigans, lee fones
- Homecoming, prasenjit banerjee
- She knows now, hasmukh amathalal
- I am on the top, gajanan mishra
- Invocation, Hans Raj Sharma
- The tempest death, Akshansh Pandey
- MY POEMS, MOHAMMAD SKATI