They all still have beating hearts.
Blood pumps through their veins.
They're fixated in their own heads.
They're completely unaware
of the corpse, sitting right next to them.
My heart stopped beating years ago.
My blood stopped pumping.
My thoughts stopped racing. I know,
I died some time ago.
The world will still spin.
The friends will still talk.
Life will always go on.
But not for me.
For I've begun my afterlife.
my darling solely tethers me.
Brings me the elixir of revival.
Brings me back to life.
Mike Dolch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Afterlife by Mike Dolch )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I cannot Forget You, tallulah montegue
- Haiku: Gravity Too, Brian Johnston
- Little Secret, Edgard Canales P
- Ebola, Is It Poetry
- Last Journey, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Cat Nap..., Denis Martindale
- Blasphemy Is Light Which Beacons The Pat.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Tall One, tallulah montegue
- to be continued..., Mandolyn ...
- A song of a real dream!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL