I rushed out of the window
when i saw the rain coming
to invite my friends
to bathe in the rain
Oh! How do I love the afternoon rain.
Outreaching my hands
to feel the enthralling rain
bland rain bedraggled
our naked being
made us trembling
audible chortle echoes.....
Oh! How do I cherish The afternoon rain.
Shivering purple lips
quivering wrinkled palms
and curled up toes
brought by austere cold
Much gusto to dance and play in the rain
Oh! How do I long for afternoon rain again.
Until, the rain is over
mother would call me over
she would wipe me all over
and give me clothes to cover
Oh! How do I love my Mother dear.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Afternoon Rain by Cyrus Diaz )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Brewster's, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -48, Ronjoy Brahma
- Reign of Despair, Luca Menin
- Thoughts Of Prose, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Her pride and honor, hasmukh amathalal
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -47, Ronjoy Brahma
- Blood Of Innocence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Carbon and Life, douglas scotney
- Good-night love, good morning too, Mandolyn ...
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -46, Ronjoy Brahma