Airily's Brother Breezy
Airily's brother Breezy heard Jack Frost was on his way.
He knew it couldn't be easy keeping Airily steady all day.
Airily's big sister Windy decided to settle right down.
So not to discourage the climate when Jack Frost rocked into town.
Accentuated frostlings have lingered on the vine
In a solitary glimmer their favor will decline.
A pensive time for Airily, she likes to see them shine,
And hopes that in the morning, another day, another time.
She is deeply aware of Jack's new dilemma
And quietly wafts through autumn's bouquet.
It's so badly sad that Jack Frost is lost
But the one in her heart is here to stay.
Airily knew he was going her way,
To answer an SOS.
The answer to Jack's disappearance
Is almost anyone's guess.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Airily's Brother Breezy by Connie Yost )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- 'Hope' is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Be At Peace, Michael P. McParland
- Filing Bankruptcy, Susan Lacovara
- winter snow, Juwon Daniel
- Come Hold Me 3, Michael P. McParland
- Autumn, Andrea Vescovo
- I Love You Kira 6, Michael P. McParland
- sonnet 6: God of snow, Juwon Daniel
- Late Payment, Angela Wybrow
- Love versus Fear, Darian Kalamerd
- unforgettable summer nights, Juwon Daniel