Alas, Another Lie
If you were to mutter 'yes'..
that would surely please me,
one must consider the truthfulness of a yes
it could easily be misguided,
never believe a word a man says,
however not all are liars
yet he has much to hide
for behind those sky blue eyes of serinity
as to drops in the vast ocean blue
he only cowers and hides
to those who seek corperal punishment
are YOU hiding from ME?
i wonder aimlessly...
I need to talk to you
and i DO know you
please dont run..
my dear, oh dear..
my heart beats for you..
and running through veins of pure hope
my hate burns deep within
even angels have dirty secrets
can't you tell?
how much i care?
yet not there yet..
i cannot catch you..
croon you to my side and love you..
for you continue to run..
every chance you get...
Katherine Lyczek's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Alas, Another Lie by Katherine Lyczek )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- They Will Be Playing Trick, Neela Nath
- you are not alone, jade mears
- Anti Bullying Poem, jade mears
- Bosses Week, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Musical toy, hasmukh amathalal
- Paper Hearts, Susan Lacovara
- Appreciating The Boss, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A poem for paige, jade mears
- Angel, Brian J. Stafford
- A Stone In Her Stream, George Dee Vuy