Alas, Another Lie
If you were to mutter 'yes'..
that would surely please me,
one must consider the truthfulness of a yes
it could easily be misguided,
never believe a word a man says,
however not all are liars
yet he has much to hide
for behind those sky blue eyes of serinity
as to drops in the vast ocean blue
he only cowers and hides
to those who seek corperal punishment
are YOU hiding from ME?
i wonder aimlessly...
I need to talk to you
and i DO know you
please dont run..
my dear, oh dear..
my heart beats for you..
and running through veins of pure hope
my hate burns deep within
even angels have dirty secrets
can't you tell?
how much i care?
yet not there yet..
i cannot catch you..
croon you to my side and love you..
for you continue to run..
every chance you get...
Katherine Lyczek's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Alas, Another Lie by Katherine Lyczek )
- Misguided, Donald R Charon
- NATURE'S INFLUENCE, Donald R Charon
- How Was Your Day?, Donald R Charon
- we never did go bowling, Mandolyn ...
- How To Tie The Knot, Foster Teegarden
- hurry husband, shush my alliteration, Mandolyn ...
- Sharp Is The Bite, Donald R Charon
- Erato my Muse of love poetry. (Part 2), Erato
- Headache, Foster Teegarden
- Autumn Season, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)