Mcanthony C. Nwatu
Power the taste of all
created, manipulated and fashioned
in a way that suites the beholder;
just like wine, some are sugary
some are not.
Of course i see you are alcoholic.
Only the strongest of heart
and head can contain thee or see oneself
dangled to stupor by the sober.
Servant beholders of you are
envied for stake sake and lack sake.
Knowledgable beholder is dethroned by
Corruption to enthrone a novice to
I imagine if you are to be a being,
What will you do to vindicate your utility?
Corruption manipulates the novice
For accomplishment of its ulterior motives.
To achieve you is to conque mountains
But to lose you is like a snip of finger.
Your paths are filled with
Jingoism, tricks, rigging
quagmire and gerrymandering
All equals power tussle
Caused by nepotism minus
Benevolence plus ethnicity.
If power is part of human body
Many would have cut it off
Because its tony and tonic.
Mcanthony C. Nwatu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Alcohol by Mcanthony C. Nwatu )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Around the eyes, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- A Lovely Child, Akhtar Jawad
- Courtny Stoned, shelly keats
- Politically right, Hardik Vaidya
- Pussy cat, gajanan mishra
- Geweldskoorts, Madrason writer
- Sine Curve, Hardik Vaidya
- Alone in the Winepress, Terrance Tracy
- I Am Human, Marites C. Cayetano
- Is Isolation, Rohit Sapra