My daughter is a lot like me,
In how we see the world.
To be 19 and free,
we surely are not bored.
We love our friends and parties too,
we surely surely do.
but, there has to be much more to life
than going out to groove.
Some say we are just nuts,
We love to show some guts.
We drink and dance and sometimes
we lose our stance.
However, all we really want is to be loved
just for being us.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Alike by Zelda Gerkin )
- Polished Love, Gbolagade Taiwo
- A Poet's Love Letter, Joseph Ogbonna
- Showing Mercy, Edward Kofi Louis
- Telling Essences, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Azeez tha to kyun..., Azhar Sabri
- Mila nijat mohabbat..., Azhar Sabri
- How I Love Thy Fields Plain, Julian Mann
- LET PRESIDENT UHURU KENYATTA COMPLY WITH.., alexander opicho
- Khak me mil jaye ya..., Azhar Sabri
- Coding By Instruments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(3 March 1878 - 9 April 1917)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)