All day long...
Lord, take this day and bless it,
make my path both sure and straight;
take away the sins and sorrow,
take away the ugly hate.
Take this day and make it shine,
make my words come true with love;
take off the blindfold of my eyes,
so I can behold, the stars above.
So I can see the trail to take,
so I can walk the narrow road;
you are the atlas of my strength,
you lighten up, my every load.
Lord, take this night and bless it,
your light will be enough;
your arms will be sufficient,
when the way becomes too rough.
Take my heart and bless my soul,
as I sing your old, sweet song;
as I embrace your word, the truth,
every day and all day long.
David Lessard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (All day long... by David Lessard )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Her Unconditional Beauty, Mpho Tsakata
- Lead Me Into Light, Valerie Dohren
- Nature Is Full Of Cuts, Is It Poetry
- A SAD STORY IN A POEM قصة حزينة في قصيدة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Prospects For Peace, Denys E. W. Jones
- I am the Zee, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Daisies, Mark Heathcote
- Sailing away, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Altered reality, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Family Reunion, Lawrence Beck