All day long...
Lord, take this day and bless it,
make my path both sure and straight;
take away the sins and sorrow,
take away the ugly hate.
Take this day and make it shine,
make my words come true with love;
take off the blindfold of my eyes,
so I can behold, the stars above.
So I can see the trail to take,
so I can walk the narrow road;
you are the atlas of my strength,
you lighten up, my every load.
Lord, take this night and bless it,
your light will be enough;
your arms will be sufficient,
when the way becomes too rough.
Take my heart and bless my soul,
as I sing your old, sweet song;
as I embrace your word, the truth,
every day and all day long.
David Lessard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (All day long... by David Lessard )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Remove Maya Angelou!, Richard Thripp
- Night, Emranor Reja
- Metaphor, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Kimmo Samuel Timonen, Richard Thripp
- Jean-Félix Picard, Richard Thripp
- Simón Bolívar Day, Richard Thripp
- Death Denizens, Richard Thripp
- March to past, SALINI NAIR
- Elements Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Inner Freedom's Equality, RoseAnn V. Shawiak