Peter Daniel Phiri
All I Want For Christmas
Tick tick, my heart beats together with my watch,
Counting down the time, my spirit can't wait for a new year; for new joys and accomplishments.
I heard Santa is coming,
So I await here on my window panting and anticipating.
But you my love are my Christmas present,
For my mind turned into a thief and stole you into my dreams.
When you kissed me that night under the tree, you kissed not just my lips, but my soul also.
So touch not just my hand, but my heart also.
As the stars twinkle and my hands fiddle through the moist air, I await and can only hope.
I hope that Santa comes with lots of cheer like a shooting star but being Christ.
And I hope he will give me virginity for my soul and seal our tangled lives forever!
Through all this meandering of my soul, my hunger is for Christmas, for you and a new year.
So may Santa come to bless and usher us hand in hand into a new year?
For you are the only present I yearn for this Christmas!
Peter Daniel Phiri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (All I Want For Christmas by Peter Daniel Phiri )
- To Rise Again, Tom Zart
- Clouds of brinkmanship, Oti Egwu
- Heroes, Nassy Fesharaki
- O1O→5959→1049 신규 대전오피, O1Oa5959a1049 O1Oa5959a1049
- 신세계 대전오피 010↔5959↔1049 대전서구오피, O1Oa5959a1049 O1Oa5959a1049
- The Empty Room, Maria Magdalena Biela
- Dream liner, Stephen Brian Brady
- peeping Tom, lee fones
- pension scheme, lee fones
- meri sohbat me........., sanjay kumar maurya
Poem of the Day
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Alone, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)