Charlie F. Kane
All My Life…
All my life I have waited to see the sun too rise.
I sat and I watched as the golden globe
Entered the skies and faded the night away.
The darkness crept around,
Scuttling along till another time.
The sky becomes for a few moments
The colour of fire, I am at the embers of a new day.
The lights dawns and morning begins to take over.
The birds sing a song that I have never truly listened to before,
They celebrate the morning like I do,
These word are my morning song.
And, for a few moments,
I believe that the world truly is a good place,
And it is worth fighting for.
Charlie F. Kane's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (All My Life… by Charlie F. Kane )
- MIKE WASN'T HAPPY, shannon strauss
- Read all the narratives, Mark Heathcote
- Splendour, Robin Skyrde
- Am An African, Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- Invisible Walls, S. I. Rednow
- COPLA 108 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- FALLING FEATHER, shannon strauss
- I Found Favor In A Lake, mohamed Alpha Ba
- A Direful Day, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Black Reign, Singleton M. Tate