All Of Me
When my voice should have
Been heard, I was living this
Life in a fast lane paved
With potent hopelessness.
“All the sad young men”
Had survived, and we
Joyful few (more than you
Might think) were so certain
That cruise areas, tricking,
Treatsx and ballywho was as
Good as anything for boys
Like us gets, we were not
Ready for the devastation
Of a plague called AIDS.
After the ultimate survival,
This poet finally found a
Voice that began with a
Stone Wall revival in 1969
And wavered with an AIDS
Epidemic in 1980 that ended
Soul survival for thousands
Upon thousands, to make a
Universal point for “should not
Perish, but have everlasting life”,
Because all men and women are
Created equal, but on the planet
Earth (hEart) , nothing is self-evident
In the eyes of the multi-faceted souls
Of humanity, whether it is about all of
You or me: A voice after its time?
Maybe, or maybe not. Only historic
Time can tell what is truth, or not.
“Where have all the flowers gone,
Long time passing..... “
Here comes the groom, here comes
The groom... buckle up.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (All Of Me by Jim Boone )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Autumn Song, Sarojini Naidu
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- I am a poet, Julie Johnson
- Life of War, Steven Rhoads
- Do It Well, Babatunde Aremu
- So Tired, Frank Lindquist
- BHARAT KE VEER, AVINASH PANDEY KHUSH
- Memories of river., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Life musings., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Record, Holy Man
- observing shells on your shore, Mandolyn ...
- Fly, Holy Man