All The Good Words
All the good words have already been taken,
No syllables left for the flowery line.
Forgotten expressions, old and forsaken,
How then can I tell you of these feelings of mine?
In song we can conquer the craggiest heights,
Find peace in the valley, romance by the sea,
Go winging with eagles on purposeful flights,
Shrink earthly dimensions in great poetry.
I search for a phrase that is stylishly new,
Amazed by phenomenal beauty I view,
Now carefully using the best and the true,
I love you, I love you, I love you, I do!
Connie Yost's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (All The Good Words by Connie Yost )
- For truth only, gajanan mishra
- Clouds Out To Lunch, Robert Rorabeck
- Trouble, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Those Living Deluded, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Integrity Practiced, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- My Grandparents' Trailer Home, Robert Rorabeck
- A Warriors Song of Remembrance., Kaila George
- Title Is A Title, Tyrone Gayle
- Love Them With Time, John Masaitis
- Vice Versa, Sana Olivia Hernandez