Scott J. Shepard
All There Was To Imagine
To try for all that is possible
or to deal with whatever remains?
What oddity piles a mountain tall
from what's left or swept away?
Or to forget the passive, inactive saying,
where certain miracles were nothing
more than impossible phrase.
Where the learn'd astronomer or
even Whitman knew a certain child's game.
And so tossed away or no longer claimed
the sky or any star. What hovers over
every shoulder, with the fear of what
Scott J. Shepard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (All There Was To Imagine by Scott J. Shepard )
- Roommates, S. I. Rednow
- That Last Piece of Cake, Phyllis Strong
- What Makes A Man A Man, John Masaitis
- Is It My Poetry's Nadir?, Dr John Celes
- Resolute Me, S. I. Rednow
- The Life Of A Junkie, John Masaitis
- falling in love after love fell for us, Mandolyn ...
- Birth Of A Boy, John Masaitis
- A Toast to Love, Sara Militello
- Overcoming obstacles, Gerry Legister