Barry Van Allen
All Those Stars and More
The sky is not very far from there,
you can almost reach and touch it,
until that is experienced...
there is no way to explain it.
A New York City person,
cannot really grasp the facts,
of a mountain lake at night,
or how the overwhelming silence,
makes everything seem right.
But, how much can it mean?
The city boy needs noise,
without it, he stays awake all night,
he knows not how to act,
It is a new and strange experience,
no sirens, horns, or fumes,
- - - too much freedom,
- - - way too fast,
- - - just too damned much room!
The poor soul feels lost,
his bearings can't be found,
- - - no flashing lights,
- - - not even street signs,
- - - he is becoming all unwound!
That was in fact, the point,
to be anointed by the oils of life,
- - - to fill the holes within the soul,
- - - to know another way of being,
- - - another way of seeing
Be patient with that New York City boy,
and maybe he'll come back!
Manhattan isn't everything,
as they have led him to believe,
- - - Hell, it isn't even close!
- - - until now, I 'll bet he 's never seen,
more than 20 stars at once!
- - - O.K.! , 50 at the most!
The milky way is made of chocolate,
as far as he's concerned,
- - - with all the world in his sight,
he is as blind as he can be...
- - - his big grin in the country,
- - - tells me I am right!
Barry Van Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (All Those Stars and More by Barry Van Allen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- A Quarrel, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Lighthouse by the Sea, Mary Bone
- Imagination's Gardens, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Betrayed, Vanessa Parodia
- meri zingagi ek kahaani bn gyi, dr.Neha gupta the POEMLOVER
- Nighttime Visions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A song of sadness, Vanessa Parodia
- Eternal Wanderlust, Leah Ayliffe
- star came to me, dr.Neha gupta the POEMLOVER
- u loved me once, dr.Neha gupta the POEMLOVER