temper with my soul
concoctions of dillusion
mirage stories past told.
Diminishing my sight
distractions destroy my senses
just blind me with the light
of a thousand stressful tenses.
End all of this
O' Lord I believe in you
safeguarded with your bliss
no one can be as true.
Faith relinquishes any trouble
of all outside influences
as holiness and truth couple
all false realities are forced to crumble.
Evil trembles at Your voice
as Your tone passes through me
with You as my poise
sin will always be led to defeat.
Daniel Warner's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Allusion Illusions by Daniel Warner )
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- A Case Of Murder, Vernon Scannell
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)