Almighty, Please Give Me Beautiful Heart!
When I look into your eyes,
Reflected image of my being,
there I found my eyes,
My eyes found themselves in yours!
When your eyes shine,
How can I believe myself,
When my image is so small,
What growth may make me,
great in your eyes?
I imagine what may be my size,
if that small lens capture half world,
Is image large when you are so near,
your image cover whole world,
I can't see anything but you,
My eyes are blind to world!
But you look at the world,
how much I can be In Your eyes dear?
I was able to lose myself,
Trying to find myself in you,
Is it love or simply a madness,
Am I mad with my own desire?
Your eyes captured my image,
But with eyes you captured my soul,
By being is lame,
It can't walk,
Only sit where it is,
Absorbed in own calculations,
Absorbed in dreams and expectations,
My soul is not where it should be,
Gone out of my body,
It goes wherever you go,
Trying to measure your footsteps!
Strange enough, you are unmoved by me, Moved my soul,
like unmoved mover of souls,
Is it love? If it is, then what is use of this love,
Is it only to make me feel strain?
is it only to add more pain?
Why can't Almighty,
Give that beautiful heart,
Which can see and feel beloved within?
Please, Almighty, give me a beautiful heart!
Ramdas Bhandarkar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Almighty, Please Give Me Beautiful Heart! by Ramdas Bhandarkar )
- Screams of Weath, Sentamu Aziz
- Mamaa, nancy cullen
- For the Free Syrians Behind Bars, Mohja Kahf
- Spelt the Great, Sentamu Aziz
- The Fallen Protester's Song, Mohja Kahf
- As Aid To Life....., Michael P. Johnson
- God Chose Israel....., Michael P. Johnson
- Nature Regarding....., Michael P. Johnson
- Wow Suddenly! ! ! ....., Michael P. Johnson
- Wonder World, Sentamu Aziz
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- My Teacher, My Hero, Geneen Alyssa Meyers
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Hero, Siegfried Sassoon
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(9 May 1938)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)